One of the most important pillars of success in online education is the value of time management. The convenience and flexibility of distance learning, while undeniably advantageous, also demand thoughtful planning and adherence to budgeted time. Here are a few tips on how to stay on course, on track and on time while learning online:
- HisAndHersDIY.com recommends creating a daily schedule with itemized tasks for each online course, including when you will look at the course materials, listen to the lectures, complete discussion questions and work on assignments. Realistically plan how much time each specific element will take and schedule accordingly.
- Keep a few notecards/notes with you and review them when waiting in line, before the lights dim in the movie theater or when you are stuck in traffic. A few extra minutes of repetition can equate to success come test day.
- Prioritize tasks and responsibilities, complete projects or assignments in the order they are due and concentrate on one thing at a time.
- Don’t know where to start? Launch into the most difficult part of a project first, leaving the easier aspects for last or possibly eliminating them altogether.
- Don’t be afraid to ask your one-to-one mentor for help and advice when needed. Not only will this help you learn but it can also save time. Discover the ideal balance between mentor assistance and individual discernment.
For more tips, check out these sites: